Icelandic Kayak Tours in Stokkseyri will attempt to have the best positive affect in their operations. The nature of the operations means that it is as environment-friendly as could possibly be, and from which no pollution arises. We will endeavour as much as possible to treat nature with respect and are conscious of the fact that the companyĺs operation takes place in one of the most important natural gems of South Iceland, the Stokkseyri coastline.
This policy is followed through with the following objectives:
- Employees will encourage visitors to walk carefully and show respect and esteem to nature.
- The company will apply itself to protection of birdlife and vegetation in the water basin from overgrazing and trampling by cattle.
- Facilities and surroundings around the companyĺs premises will be kept clean and tidy.
- We will try and work with parties and companies that have a clear policy in environmental matters.
- We will endeavour to train employees to ensure the safety of passengers.
Objectives for 2004
- Make arrangements to reduce the trampling of cattle on vegetation and disturbance to birdlife as far as possible.
- Improve facilities in the visitorsĺ area, including the provision of rubbish bags.
- Put increased emphasis on publicity on the Net and thus reduce production of brochures. Business will only be carried out with environment-friendly printers in the printing of brochures.
- Make further attempts at protecting birdlife and apply ourselves to more conservation measures in the area.
- Make sure that the water basin is cleaned at the end of each winter.