It is Vorĺs policy to produce high-quality poultry for human consumption. The key attribute is that the growing birds are happy and that hygiene practices are observed everywhere. W endeavour to reduce adverse environmental impact in all production stages.
We follow the policy outlined below, which has the following goals:
- All unauthorized persons are denied access to the poultry sheds, and all those who pass through the sheds shall put on sterilized clothing to reduce the likelihood of infection being transmitted to the birds.
- All water for the chickens goes through a radiation apparatus that kills all microorganisms that may lurk in the water. By doing this we ensure that the birds get good and unpolluted water.
- We do our utmost to make sure that air conditioning is good and that each bird has enough space and a sufficient amount of food and water to thrive in the best possible conditions.
- Checks are made to ensure that foodstuffs, water and electricity are not wasted by guarding the poultry shed on a 24-hour basis. In addition, the temperature is monitored regularly, the feeding system inspected, and all mortalities recorded in reports so it is possible to supervise all aspects of production.
- All waste that comes from the birds is reused as manure on fields and for forestry purposes. In doing this we promote sustainable development and use the manure as best as we can.
- We will strive to have our immediate environment clean and tidy and be a model to others.
- We will review our environmental policy and goals not less than annually and be alert to ways to make things even better in our operations.
Particular goals for 2004
- Complete the forecourt of the facilities and concrete the area by the poultry sheds.
- Plant an extra 100 trees to beautify the immediate environment.
- Use environment-friendly detergents with all cleaning of the poultry sheds.
- Reduce oil use in machines and generator by 5% a year.